When a recent wellness visit at the doctor had us using more iron in Edie's diet, we turned to green smoothies. And what started as a concerted effort to get our little one her vitamins has now resulted in a conscious love of kale smoothies. I can't say I dislike any part of that sentence.
We all know that smoothies take minimal effort to prepare and that they end up tasting and looking delicious. And while making a vibrant green drink for your little, why not make some extra for yourself?! After all, we can all afford to have more greens!
Classic Green Smoothie with Kale (serves 3)
Prep time - 5 minutes. No cooking time
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup of whole milk (you can also substitute with Greek yogurt)
1 tbsp of almond butter
1/4 cup of rolled oats
2 big stalks of kale (just the leaves)
3 ice cubes
Place everything in a blender and puree until smooth. Serve fresh!
- What a treat - I love when mom or Nanny Deb make this for me and I polish it off in minutes
- Big girl drink - It's fun to drink this like a big girl in my big girl cup with a bendy straw
- Makes me full - After a glass of this, I'm ready to take on the rest of my day!
- Full of vitamins - This drink is healthy and adds lots of vitamins to your kid's diet
- Easy to make - Requires virtually no effort
- Extras are great - It's fun to drink the extras myself or save for later